Friday, September 15, 2006

I bitch and rant about nothing. IGNORE ME!!

Well, I changed the look of this journal again, just because I can.

I should be working on other things but I'm not.

I don't even know why I continue to write here... or anywhere else really. How many people really are all that interested in my prattling? I suppose if I posted random stupid stuff, maybe more people would pay attention to me.

Perhaps if I pretended to be an angst ridden teenage girl, who occasionally did stupid shit on a web cam, maybe then the whole world would notice. Alas, I am not stupid, I'm not a teenager -- thank god -- and I don't really give a shit what all you prats think anyway.

Don't like my pseudo-intellectual ramblings.

I hope a bear eats your cheesecake anyway.

So there.

And if I were an annoying, attention seeking jackass, I'd post a picture of my big, hairy bum.

That'd learn ya.

Also, I got an account over at Xanga and some freaky religious nut commented on my post. (I re-posted my yogi bear rant there, evidently the bloke took me serious. What a noob.)

Which leads me to my next point. Religion and the Internet together scare me. Deeply.

In fact, any extremist factions, whether they be religious or just plain political, on the Internet, where they can reach so many more people, SCARY. Because I've found that this world is 90% idiots and they are just waiting -- WAITING -- for some Svengali to feed them a line of bullshit so large they can't see it until they're knee deep in it and by then it's too late anyway.

Also, I am amazed by the crap you can find out via the Internet.

Yesterday, I got bored and went to the Scientology website.

Go there sometime if you're bored and want to be scared/horrified/amused beyond reason.

OH! L. RON HUBBARD, COVER ME IN YOUR GLORIOUS SPACE GOO!!


Anyway, they had a thing there for a free personality test. So, thinking it was like other tests, I clicked. To my dawning horror, I realized they were asking a lot of personal information.

A LOT... of personal information. Too much, really.

Spooked, I decided to outright lie because I just wanted to take what I thought was an online personality quiz.

Using the Internets, I concocted a phony address in Wisconsin of all places. I managed to find a street address, zip, and area code. I also made up a phone number that would be similar to other phone numbers found in the Little Chute area (this was the city I'd chosen to reside in at my fake address. WHEE!)

Incidentally, I also looked up all the John Smiths in Little Chute. I'd make a comment on this, only I don't want to get sued for posting some one's addy because Internet geeks....are, well, Internet geeks...and they'd probably write John Smiths letters or phone them or something. And that'd just be a terrible hardship and an interruption of the John Smith's lives.

Anyway. So, in doing my crazy, freaky research, I found that Little Chute has its own web page.

Check it out!!

Little Chute, WI

You can also visit the homepage of Little Chute's High School.

LCHS, Home of the MUSTANGS!


(It should be noted that the above link no longer works. Sad Anne. I guess LCHS just didn't need its own website anymore.)

I could go on and on with this. Really.

If you're from Little Chute, you have a very nice looking little town there. I'm sorry I tried to use it for an Internet Scientology scam.

If it helps, it didn't work out. It seems when they say online personality test, they mean, give us your name and address and we'll set you up with an interview with a local Scientology sect so that we may better indoctrinate you.

And that pretty much ended my not very well thought out and clumsily executed Internet scam/prank.

Damn, and it woulda been funny too...

No comments: